Finding the flow state of pure
Playfulness with Anthony Trahair,
Giocosamente Festival And Il manifesto del Gioco.
For Playful Adult Enthusiasts: Educators, Play Designers, Artists, Musicians, Circus Folk, Adventurous Souls and Gentle Hearts.
Playfulness 101 is a one-day workshop where you will experience the transformative power of play in a safe environment where you can take risks so you can go out and be your true self in the “real” world.
Hi, I’m Anthony
I’m here to help create spaces where people can fully be themselves in all their wild glory, where they can learn to trust others and themselves, play, laugh, cry, listen and be heard, while discovering a vibrant confidence that will last.
Why is Playfulness important?
The whole world is hinged on relationships—business, family, frends—and if you don’t know how to really connect and make people feel good, you’ll be a lonely Billy No Mates.
Playfulness takes the drama out of life. It gifts us and others quality time.
It even makes you better at work because people actually work harder and smarter when they think of work as play.
Taking things so literally stifles us.
If we play the game of life around who’s right and wrong, it’s not that fun.
Through play we can change how we live and how we connect with others.
When we greet people we meet with enthusiasm this helps them warm to us responding with a smile.
Play helps us find common ground to connect.
Is this you?
- You’d like to enjoy your life, but you don’t feel like you have time for it. There’s a feeling that you’re missing out on something important in your life and that time is slipping by. You feel burdened and exhausted by the weight of too many demands. Life just feels really difficult right now.
- You don’t make friends as easily as you’d like to and you want to learn some new skills around connecting with people. You often feel dismissed and misunderstood in your relationships. You want to be happy and easygoing, you just don’t know how.
- You’d like to improve your habits—increase the good ones, and decrease the bad ones. Maybe you have a holistic practice that you’re not currently practicing as much as you’d like to because you don’t feel like you have time.
“This is the real secret of life — to be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realise it is play.”
― Alan Watts
What to expect . . .
We will create a safe and brave space to put judgment to one side and have fun!
I will lead you in some practical philosophy and instruction and the rest of the workshop will be completely interactive and focused on embodying the qualities of playfulness, lightheartedness, and connection.
The Results . . .
In this workshop you will …
Every child has these qualities, what if you could tap into this again?
This workshop is for you if . . .
- You want to grow and expand your inner spark before it extinguishes.
- You want to grow and become a lovely, giving human being.
- You have an open mind (and want it to stay open).
- You realise that the material things around you aren’t the be-all-end-all.
- Even if you don’t understand emotions, you give value to them and want to understand and let them flow.
This workshop is NOT for you if . . .
- You think you know everything already
- You’re impatient with the results, you want everything to change immediately.
- You’re too comfortable, complacent.
- Keeping that stiff upper lip is your first thought in the morning.
I was terrible at small talk, found it hard to look others in the eyes and then straight after university I found myself street performing around Europe for four months!
Jumping in at the deep end I overcame my shyness, gained confidence and learnt how to connect with others, I learnt how to bring the best out of others by being myself. I was able to create an impact that inspired other people.
My training didn’t end there, I studied with many world renown clown teachers, I then spent three years at the Dimitri school in Switzerland, 10 years of teaching kids yoga….. Little two years olds….
A while back I was doing some deep work about what I had to give to the world, after a long process emerged PLAYFULNESS. It was a surprise to me but apparently not to folk that know me! From there I plunged into books and Ted Talks, went to the Counterplay Festival in Denmark and even started my very own festival in Italy, dedicated to rediscovering our Playfulness.
Last but not least, together with other playful people in Italy we created the Manifesto of Play with the intention of spreading the culture of play in Italy. This workshop is part of this project.
Read and sign the manifesto here:
The cost per person for the workshop is €25 + a contribution, pay what you can at the end of the day.
Minimum number of participants 12.
If you want to bring some liveliness, play, joy and sense of community into your workshop space and host this transformative day please contact me!